25 Years of Service
Since 1989, Walker SCM has emerged as the largest certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in the logistics industry with a global reach, operating directly and through partnerships in over 25 countries worldwide. In 2014, we are honored to be celebrating our 25 year anniversary, a testament to the work ethic of our team and to the trust and support of our outstanding customers. We humbly thank both groups for their fundamental contributions to our longevity.
Below, please find a brief account of the key milestones that led to this achievement:
- February 17, 1989 Walker International Transportation, Inc., the first Walker company, is founded as a New Jersey “S” Corporation by Emmett Walker.
- April 20, 1990 Walker Maritime, Inc., a second New Jersey “S” Corporation, is formed to support FMC-licensed NVOCC services
- June 1, 1990 Walker acquires its Customhouse Brokerage license.
- June 18, 1999 Walker International Transportation is formed as a Delaware LLC to provide a new company licensed by the FMC to focus on air and ocean freight forwarding services.
- April 30, 2002 Walker acquires International Trading Partners, Inc. for its IATA accreditation, and to expand and enhance air and ocean freight forwarding operations with New York based customers.
- October 29, 2004 L.A. Enterprises, LLC is formed from the acquisition of L.A. Enterprises, Inc., adding an established business unit to the Walker family that focuses on contract packaging services.
- April 8, 2005 WIT Trade Services is formed as a Delaware LLC to provide a business unit focused on procurement services and other full-buy logistics programs.
- March 5, 2009 WIT Logistics, LLC fka: WIT Worldwide, LLC is formed as a Delaware LLC, providing a business unit focused on “four walls” logistics optimization centers.
- March 30, 2011 WIT Freight Services is formed as a Delaware LLC, adding a business unit to the Walker family that is licensed by the U.S. DOT as a motor carrier.
- April 19, 2011 Walker SCM, LLC is formed to act as a holding company for Walker’s multiple operating companies.
- February 17, 2014 Walker celebrates 25 years in the international transportation and logistics industry!